- what makes me human is treating the world like it’s mine to take care off, but also knowing it’s not just a human’s world.
- what makes me human is knowing that I can only know what I know, but when I know more, I will do more.
- what’s makes me human is knowing not everything I do is perfect, but knowing what I am doing is being done to the perfection level that I know at this time.
- what makes me human is feeling my emotions, but also feeling others emotions and finding ways to help people become happier😍
- what makes me human is knowing that giving back is so much more important than getting back
- what makes me human is knowing that were all here for a reason, but were not the only thing and there is so much more to life than we even know
- what makes me human, is knowing that this artwork isn’t perfect but knowing there is emotion, positivity and a great passion behind it 💖
The thought process behind this piece..
This piece was created from someone’s art, she inspires me a lot with her botanical drawings and flower doodles. The idea of the art is to spread love and magic as far as possible. This piece I created had so many reasons and, in this blog, I would like to talk about the process.
It’s one of them weeks where you don’t understand what your doing, trying to work out why you’re here, and trying to find that motivation that you know keeps you strong. Well this week that motivation was going. I wanted to create a piece with some strong emotion behind it and to help others feel uplifted on the weeks they feel like this.
With this piece I created, I just paused my thoughts and thought about all the reasons I’m here, why I’m human and what difference do I make on this planet… This process uplifted me, I found the light id been looking for and I realised again how powerful a simple art piece can be.
The turtles and octopus I drew on this piece are to represent the phrase I said at the start of this blog “ treating the world like it’s mine to take care off, but also knowing it’s not just a human’s world.” because it’s true us humans walk around this planet like it’s ours to own but in reality it’s ours to share.
I also used a mermaid as a symbolisation to express that were all here for a reason, but were not the only thing and there is so much more to life than we even know. I chose a mermaid because they are so elegant, beautiful and look so free.
I used flowers to express my love for nature and to portray my belief that nature is the centre of everything. The piece was created by being a little less perfect and using my emotions more. If a mistake was made, I didn’t let it make me feel as frustrated as it would do with any other art piece that I created. I wanted to feel free and follow the flow to represent the “what’s makes me human is knowing not everything I do is perfect, but knowing what I am doing is being done to the perfection level that I know at this time”. For me in this piece every time I look at the position of the mermaid it makes me want to re do it, however I remember this was the emotion, flow and passion I had at the time, and with a different mindset something else may have been created. In this artwork I wanted to capture that specific moment and the feelings I had at the time of creating.
This phrase “what makes me human is knowing that giving back is so much more important than getting back” always relates to every art work I do as this is the importance of art for me, you are always creating a new piece to add to the world and with the right mindset you can make this world even more brighter and positive just by a simple doodle.